- Background Information
The Center for Human Rights is currently implementing the Project to Support the Human Rights Teaching, Research and Community Engagement of CHR (Project STRACE_CHR), aims at ensuring the respect of human rights of Ethiopians. In the context of this project, the Center shall engage the services of consultants and conduct Final Evaluation.
- Objectives and Scope of the Final Evaluation Assignment
The main objective of this consultancy assignment is to assess the overall achievement of the project and quality of implementation. To this purpose, the final evaluation is expected to assess the relevance and fulfillment of objectives, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of the Project. The evaluation should provide information that is credible and useful, enabling the incorporation of lessons learned into the decision-making process of the CHR and its partners.
The final evaluation will cover the assessment of the Project’s activities implemented at the Center in Addis Ababa, and five project areas (Addis Ababa, Adama, Ambo, Debre Berhan and Hawassa) in the time frame between December 2017 and May 2021.
- Job Description
Among others, the consultants may conduct the following broad and major activities for the assignment:
- Desk review with relevant documents
- Preparation of inception report
- Meeting with key stakeholders in the Center, including management team, finance unit, Project officers;
- Make field visit to the project areas to interview key stakeholder.
- Meeting with key stakeholders such as representatives of state agencies, civil societies, beneficiaries and donors if found relevant.
- Drafting and submitting of the evaluation report; and
- Finalization and submission of the evaluation report.
The evaluation will be undertaken by a national consulting team/firm with sound experience in reviewing human rights related projects.
The team must consist of consultants with the following qualification and field of expertise:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Law, Human Rights, Project Management or another relevant field and minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in conducting Project evaluation and review, preferably in a human rights promotion and protection Projects.
- Previous experience working with communities conducting evaluation using participatory approaches.
- Excellent attention to detail and evidence of quality outputs from previous assignments;
- Ability to write high quality, clear and concise report in English;
- Punctuality and availability to complete the work on time;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of working languages of the regions where project areas are located is advantageous.
The total duration of the assignment will be 6 weeks from the date of signing the contract.
- Application Instruction
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their application to email@example.com cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days from the date of the advertisement, with subject “Consultant: Final External Evaluation”.
The interested applicants shall provide:
- Technical Proposal:
- Methodology, approaches, timeline, management and data collection & analysis plans
- All-inclusive Financial Proposal in ETB
- Organization profile with CV of lead evaluator and team members or CV in case of individual consultant.
- Relevant documents such as renewed consultancy licence and Tin Certification
For further inquiries, please contact Kuribachew Hailu (email@example.com)
- You can request the detailed terms of reference firstname.lastname@example.org