Anchinesh is a lecturer and a PhD candidate at the Center for Human Rights of Addis Ababa University. She has over fourteen years of experience in teaching in higher educational institutions, conducting research, providing capacity building training and implementing various projects for governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations. She has been engaged in a number of researches which involve policy, legal and institutional analysis. She gained practical experience while working for Ethiopian Human Rights Commission as a human rights monitoring and reporting expert. She carried out various researches as a consultant with UN Women, IGAD, World Bank, Forum for Federations, Coalition of Human Rights Organizations and other organizations. She has published researches focusing on the gender, women’s rights, child rights and application of international Conventions in Ethiopia. Her focus areas include gender and human rights, human trafficking, child rights, national human rights institutions, violence against women and international human rights law.
Education & Professional Experience
Research Interest Areas
- M in Human Rights and Democrtization in Africa from Center for Human Rights, Pretoria University
- B from Addis Ababa University
- Certificate of Attendance in Critical Interdisciplinary Course on Children’s rights, implementation of children’s rights, University of Ghent and Children’s Rights Knowledge Center, Ghent, Belgium
- Certificate of participation at the UN Regional Course in International Law for Africa
- Lecturer at the Center for Human Rights, Addis Ababa University (2012 to date)
- Part-time Researcher, International Law & Policy Institute, Addis Ababa Office, Ethiopia (April 2015-June 2016)
- Senior Human Rights Expert, Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (Sept 2010 to April 2012)
- Lecturer, Jimma University, Jimma, Ethiopia (August 2007 to September 2010)
- Gender and human rights;
- Child rights; – Human trafficking;
- National human rights institutions;
- Violence against women and
- International human rights law.
Get in Touch
Copyright © 2021 Center of Human Right. All Rights Reserved.