The Center for Human Rights, part of College of Law and Governance Studies of Addis Ababa University, is an academic institution promoting a multidisciplinary scholarship and community services in human rights. As part of its objectives of providing quality academic, research and community services, the Center, in collaboration with the Embassy of Norway and Sida, is implementing a three-year project to support its teaching, research and community services. For the implementation of this Project and its four components [Multidisciplinary Human Rights Education and Training; Policy and Practice Collaboration and Diffusion; Community Rights Promotion and Protection; and Learning, Partnerships and Capacity Development], the Center would like to hire competent professionals. The tasks of the Project include researches, preparation of training materials, community rights trainings, policy dialogues, radio broadcasts and legal aid. The Project implementation covers the Center as well as 6 project areas in Addis Ababa, Adama, Hawassa, Ambo, Debre Birhan, and Semera.
Hence, interested and qualified applicants can submit their application, which shall include application letters (identifying the Code and the Position), copies of creditials and CVs, within 10 consecutive days in person to the Center for Human Rights or College of Law and Governance Studies or to the following email address: email@example.com
- The term of employment will be for one year with the possibility of extension.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Preference shall be given to femal applicants [as part of University and governmental policy as well as partneship agreements].
For more information: Tel: 0111223669 / website: http://www.aau.edu.et/humanrights/
|Project Office for CRPP
[Debre Birhan and Hawassa]
|Code||Position||Qualification||Main duties||Salary (Gross)||Work Station||No.|
|CRPP_II||Training and Support Officer||· First degree in law, social sciences, or other related discipline;
· Good interpersonal communication;
|· Assist the Regional/ Project Area Manager in organization of community rights trainings;
· Identify and contact community leaders and others for community rights promotion, trainings and dialogue;
· And other tasks assigned;
|Debre Birhan and Hawassa||2|
|· Diploma in secretarial science, office management and other related fields.
· At least one year of relevant experience
|· Provide office support services to the project area office and its manager, including word-processing and secretarial support;
· Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence;
· Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and
· Others assigned
|Policy and Practice Collaboration and Diffusion|
|Code||Position||Qualification||Main duties||Salary||Work Station||No.|
|PPCD I||Policy Collaboration and Diffusion Officer||· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human rights, social sciences or related fields
· Experience in liaising with government and civil society organizations and organizing policy dialogue forums
· Team-oriented and good interpersonal communication skills;
|· Planning, organization, and implementation of policy dialogue forums;
· Networking and experience sharing workshops;
· Prepare quarterly and annual work plans, narrative and financial performance reports of the sub-project
· Prepare monthly activity plans and execute in consultation with the sub-project coordinator;
· Facilitate and coordinate organization of policy dialogue forums for federal, regional, local government officials, and civil societies;
· Monitor monthly project expenditures of the sub-project and make proposal for improving the delivery rate
· Facilitate and oversee logistical arrangements for relevant meetings and workshops;
· Perform other duties as may be assigned;