The Center for Human Rights, part of College of Law and Governance Studies of Addis Ababa University, is an academic institution promoting a multidisciplinary scholarship and community services in human rights. As part of its objectives of providing quality academic, research and community services, the Center, in collaboration with the Embassy of Norway and Sida, is implementing a three-year project to support its teaching, research and community services. For the implementation of this Project, the Center would like to hire a competent professional. The tasks of the Project include researches, preparation of training materials, community rights trainings, radio broadcasts and legal aid. The Project implementation covers the Center as well as 6 project areas in Addis Ababa, Adama, Hawassa, Ambo, Debre Birhan, and Semera.
Hence, interested and qualified applicants can submit their application, which shall include application letters (identifying the Code and the Position), copies of creditials and CVs, within 10 consecutive days in person to the Center for Human Rights or College of Law and Governance Studies or to the following email address: email@example.com.
- The term of employment will be for one year with the possibility of extension.
- The work station will be in Addis Ababa.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Preference shall be given to female applicants [as part of University and governmental policy as well as partneship agreements].
For more information: Tel: 0112237783/0118695652 / website: http://www.aau.edu.et/humanrights/
Community Rights Promotion and Protection
|CRPP I||Sub-Project Manager||· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Rights, Law, or other related fields
· At least five years (for Bachelor) and three years (for Master’s level) work experience;
· Strong writing skills and experience in report writing
· Excellent command of English and Amharic
|· Assist the Center in the implementation of the sub-Project;
· Plan, implement and manage the sub-project activities;
· In consultation with finance and admin staff, ensure that funds are spent and accounted for in the sub-Project planned activities;
· Lead the day-to-day activities of the sub-Project by coordinating project area managers;
· In consultation with finance and procurement officers, prepare, as required, monthly, quarterly and annual plans of with budget, submit for approval and ensure implementation once approved;
· Conduct regular monitoring of project centers;
· Undertake other relevant tasks assigned by the Lead Coordinator or the Center;