- M in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa: Center for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa (2009)
- B in Laws, Addis Ababa University, School of Law, Ethiopia (2007)
- Certificate of participation in the United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa 2014
- Certificate of Attendance in Critical Interdisciplinary Course on children’s Rights, University of Ghent and Children’s Rights Knowledge Center, Ghent, Belgium (2016)
- Lecturer, Center for Human Rights, Addis Ababa University since April 2012
- Part-time Researcher, International Law and Policy Institute (April 2015- June 2016)
- Consultant on Ending Violence Against Women, UN Women Ethiopia, Ethiopia (October 2014- February 2015)
- Senior Human Rights Expert: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (September 2010- April 2012)
- Lecturer: Jimma University, Faculty of law, (August 2008-September 2010)
Teaching and Research concentration areas
International Human Rights law, Gender and human rights, Human rights and development, Children rights
Publications and research presentations
- Anchinesh Shiferaw and Kuribachew Hailu (2018), Help Seeking Experiences of Female Victims of Intimate Partner Violence: Legal and Social Protections, Ethiopian Journal of Human Rights, Vol. II, Center for Human Rights (forth coming)
- Anchinesh Shiferaw and Fasil Mulatu (2016), Reflection on Different Approaches to Child Rights Scholarship in Ethiopian Higher Education Institutions: Challenges and Opportunities in Helena Calleeuw and Sara Lembrechts (eds.), Critical Interdisciplinary Course on Children’s Rights Between the Local and the Global: Course Report
- Anchinesh Shiferaw, 2016, A Review of Ethiopia’s UPR Reports: Cycles, Recommmendations, and Follow-up Actions in Kjetil Tronvoll (ed.), Supplementary Report under the project Protection of women’s Rights in the Justice Systems of Ethiopia, ILPI Series, ILPI.
- Anchinesh Shiferaw, 2016, Beyond Joint Land Titling in Ethiopia: Rural Women’s Rights to Productive Resources in Kjetil Tronvoll (ed.), Supplementary Report under the project Protection of women’s Rights in the Justice Systems of Ethiopia, ILPI Series, ILPI.
- Anchinesh Shiferaw and Gedion Timothewos, 2016, Women’s Rights in Ethiopia: Gender and Development Dynamics in Kjetil Tronvoll (ed.), Supplementary Report under the project Protection of women’s Rights in the Justice Systems of Ethiopia, ILPI Series, ILPI.
- Anchinesh Shiferaw and Ghetnet Mitiku, 2013, Assessment of Legal Aid in Ethiopia: A Research Report, Center for Human Rights, Addis Ababa University.
- Anchinesh Shiferaw (co-authored), 2013,Baseline Study for a Comprehensive Child Law In Ethiopia, Center for Human Rights, Addis Ababa University.
- Anchinesh Shiferaw, 2010, Legal Protection to Victims of Transnational Human Trafficking: The Case of Ethiopia and Mozambique, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing AG & Co. KG, Germany. (LL.M dissertation)
- Anchinesh Shiferaw, 2007, The Legal Effect of The Decision Of The Cassation Division of the Federal Supreme Court Under Proc. 454/2005: Its Constitutionality And Prospect”. (Final year LL.B thesis, Unpublished)
- Best Practices in the prevention of Violence Against Women: A summary of Actions taken by Stakeholders: A paper presented for the 4th National Forum on Women prepared by Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, May 2011, Adama. (Unpublished)
- Presented a paper on ‘The Legal Protection to Victims of Human Trafficking: The case of Mozambique and Ethiopia’, Mozambique, Conference prepared during a Moot Court Competition prepared by Universidad Eduardo Mondlane in November 2009.
- Violence Against Women under Ethiopian Law: A paper presented at a National Conference and transmitted on Ethiopian Television. March 2011 (Unpublished)
- Gender and the Law: A paper presented for a training workshop of University Administration of Jimma University, April 2010 (Unpublished)
- Co-authored Teaching Materials on Criminal Procedure Law, Legal History and Traditions, Business Law and Law of Traders and Business Organizations